About the Role:
Murri Sisters Mobile Support Service (MSMSS) is dedicated to reducing domestic & family violence (DFV) in our community.
MSMSS is a service of the non-profit organisation, Five Bridges Ltd. Five Bridges is an established not-for-profit organisation, born from a passion to assist local Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities in a hand on, feet to the ground manner that will see our local communities flourish.
The entire Five Bridges team is dedicated to this vision, as best expressed in our purpose statement:
To provide a range of culturally sound activities and initiatives that build capacity, supporting the social norms and behaviors that constitute a positive, proud and responsible Indigenous community.
The MSMSS works in collaboration with key stakeholders and affiliated services that respond to domestic and family violence. We maintain strong connections with our traditions and strong ties to our traditional homelands.
We work within a cultural respect framework to provide mobile support services for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander women, their children and young people who are experiencing domestic and family violence.
The primary responsibility of the Support Worker / Administrator is to ensure that the needs of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and non-Indigenous women and their children are met while receiving MSMSS support by providing exceptional case management and administration support.
- Identify as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander
- Unrestricted Queensland Drivers Licence
- Current Working with Children Blue Card
- First Aid Certificate or willingness to obtain
- Possess, currently undertaking or willing to obtain Certificate III in Community Services
- Administration experience and/or qualifications
- Intermediate computer skills and experience navigating databases and programs
- Experience working with Aboriginal women, children and young people at risk
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
If you meet these requirements and are interested in the position, please apply below with your COVER LETTER and RESUME.
Indigenous Workstars specialises in the engagement of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people into employment in a variety of communities and industries across Australia.
***Please note only candidates that are successful in moving to the next stage of recruitment will be contacted further***